Monday, June 30, 2014

Still The Best Mexican In Greeneville

Well, when I am in Greeneville there is only one place I go for Mexican food and that is the Costa del Sol. It is a little restaurant located off Tusculum Boulevard just up for the Weigle's Market on Justis Drive. 

I blogged about it before but I thought I would say a little more about this hidden jem. On this trip I had a couple of things I have enjoyed before. The first is an old favorite of mine a Gorditia with my meat of choice...Beef Tongue!  At Costa del Sol one can get a choice of meats from the regular to the exotic. I have had Special Seasoned Pork Meat (Pastor), Pork Skin Stew (Chicharron), Cow's Cheek (Cachetes) and a coarse Lengua (Beef Tongue). 

While I liked all of these the Lengua is absolutely my favorite. I know people will cringe at the thought of tongue, but trust me it is wonderful.  Beef Tongue is super tender and soooo good!

It is funny but the first time I ate there I ask for Lengua and Cachetes our young waiter was a little surprised I had ordered them. Later when he came back to the table, he ask how I liked them? I told him the cheek was good, but the tongue was better. He said that his favorite was the Lengua too. Glen then ask how many people order the tongue, the waiter said "quite a few, but not many that looked like me."

I love the Beef Tongue Gorditia, but the best thing I have had there or at any Mexican Restaurant is the Menudo. This soup is only offered on weekends and is a Beef Tripe brew with a special broth. It is rustic, flavorful and just a delight to eat!

The soup alone would make this place my go to Mexican. However, all the food I have had there has been excellent. I would also be re missed not to mention the friendly sevice one finds at Costa del Sol.

So, if you are in Greeneville this is a must visit place. It is located at 526 Justis Drive in Greeneville, so what are you waiting for just go!

No comments:

Post a Comment