Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Gone But Never Forgotten...Bax


Friends come in all shapes, sizes, and species and our dog Bax fits this description. Sadly and with a heavy heart, we had to make that decision one has to make. The Wolfpac is down a member as Bax has left us.

My Dad with members of the Wolfpac.

See, Bax was more than just our dog he was one of my best friends. He is also one of the reasons I am sitting here writing this right now. Back in 2017, I was suffering from a mental issue. While at the Cabin, in a moment, I decided I just couldn't take things seriously and was contemplating suicide. While there were other factors that prevented me from doing it, hearing Bax on the side of the door was a big factor. You could say he saved my life. 

My Buddy Bax!


So, the Kaiser (my nickname for him as he was actually from Germany...he has a passport) was more than just a dog he was my friend. I feel bad for everyone, especially for Lester because he's lost right now. With that I chose to remember when we picked him up at the Gate City Police Station (he was a former police dog), playing in the snow, chewing on his pig, and being the best hiking partner (sorry Pete) a Wood Booger could have. I'm not a spiritual guy, but we will hike one day, old friend...

The day we picked him up.

Bax loved...

...snow!

Bax & his pig
...
..when you tried to take it or his ball.



Bax with me at Margarette Falls...

...& Cliff Ridge. (Below) how I will remember him...



2 comments:

  1. My heart breaks for you. Thank you for sharing him on your channel, in pictures, and in posts for everyone to see how amazing he was... I owe him a great deal of gratitude for keeping you in our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no 😢. So, so sorry to hear this 😢. He was a great dog and well loved ❤️

    ReplyDelete