Monday, October 24, 2022

Mt. Rogers Is Hiking Machine Approved!


This time out I'm going to do something I rarely if ever do, and cut the Lummox some slack. He has been down since that slobbering mutt Bax left us. While I had issues with him (like trying to eat me!) I kind of liked the old boy. Anyway, he needed some time on the trail, and what better place than the Virginia Highlands. 
This place is certified crushed trail by the Hiking Machine. Hiking out of Grayson Highlands (State Park) on the AT (Appalachian Trail) into the Mount Roger's NRA (National Recreation Area).  Then it was on to the camp spot, Thomas Knob Shelter. 


Then I grabbed the Lummox and headed up to Virginia's Highest Peak...Mount Roger's (5??? ft). We had seen a little earlier, but near this much...it was SNOW, HELL YEAH! Oh, the Lummox even got to run the drone, which made him happy. 
The following day it was back out. While I love the AT getting to go up that tough-ass Wilbur Ridge Trail was the trip's highlight. This trail is Hiking Machine approved. Another plus of this trip was the lack of ponies. While the two we saw were two too many at least it was a herd of them. Well, the Lummox will eventually do a blog on this and a few other trips but I'm out...BITCHES!

No comments:

Post a Comment