Monday, August 21, 2023

Blue Crayfish, Salamander Rescue & A New Friend In Myrtle The Turtle


This past weekend, I was back to the Cabin in Southwest Virginia for my main pastime of late...mowing.
I spent most of the week at St. Clair is doing something around mowing (weed-eating is part of that, too). That wasn't the only thing I ended up doing. Dad and I decided to clean out the spring water tank. It is where the water from the spring collects and is pumped to the house. This meant I had to climb into the tank to sweep the mud and suck out as much as possible. While there, I did rescue an orange salamander. While he wasn't in the tank, I also spotted a Blue Crayfish, also known as Monongahela Crayfish. Finally, I made a new friend who was around all weekend...Myrtle the Turtle!



No comments:

Post a Comment