Wednesday, August 22, 2018

It Is A Bear Down Stairdown With Buddy Bear


When did we move the Cabin to Cade's Cove? That is what it has felt like lately in regards to me seeing bears in Southwest Virginia. I guess I am on some kind of streak as I had another encounter at dusk on Thursday.
I had seen evidence that a bear had been close by as a limb was broke down in a Russian Olive tree, However, later that evening while sitting by the fire I had seen a deer earlier, but what came by this time was no deer, but a bear.




He was on the other side of the branch maybe 20 yards away. He looked at me while I looked at him, it was a stare down (except I was taking pictures). Then after a few minutes, he turned, galloped a short way and stopped when I said: "hey bear." After that, he turned and headed up the hollow. I decided to name him Buddy Bear after the one in the Jimmy Buffett song God's Own Drunk. I think he was the same bear as the one in the trail cam pictures.








That brings me to five and half bear sightings ( I count the individual captured on the camera trap as a half). Right in the same area, I saw a deer on connective days and a Tom turkey. Not bad for not leaving the yard.




No comments:

Post a Comment