Thursday, August 16, 2018

Another Sierra Club Backpack...This Time To Cold Mountain



This is a short blog (I will write more soon) on this past weekend as I was backpacking in the Shining Rock Wilderness to Cold Mountain. As with most backpacks I do it was with members of the Harvey Broome Group of the Sierra Club, led by Will Skelton. It was another great outing, but this is not the first backpack of Will's I have been on this year, but the fourth.


The first was in May, at Rocky Fork State Park to the Hidden Lake and down past Lower Higgins Creek Falls.  The next was the annual June outing to the Mount Rogers National Recreation Area, with this year going to the summit of Virginia's highest peak. Then in July, it was a hike to a place I had wanted to go to for some time...Big Bald. Yes, I will have more detailed blogs on all of these too, hopefully, sooner rather than later.

Hidden Lake:



Mount Rogers:



Big Bald:


No comments:

Post a Comment