Saturday, January 2, 2021

On Camp Creek Bald... Hiking Machine Style!

Oh, yeah Daddy, what a day! The Hiking Machine, Pete, here and today the Lummox got it right as we headed up to Jones Meadow for our first hike of 2021. 
Because of clouds on the mountain there was a point that the Lummox wanted to go to Tanyard Gap. But I said no...I mean HELL NO! We were going to Jones Meadow and we did! This was a good thing because we were passed by a Jeep on the way up the road (the old AT) to Camp Creek Bald. It was some cool guys, Dennis and Wade, from the Greeneville Radio Club (actually the Andrew Johnson Amateur Radio Club). Let me just say I even thought it was a great view! That wasn't all up top there was still snow and I got to hike on the AT (Appalachian Trail). 

We also went to the Camp Creek Bluffs, out to Big Firescald Knob, Blackstack and finally White Rock Cliffs. Did I mention there was still snow! Anyway, this was my kind of day. The Lummox will have more later, but as for me I am out...BITCHES!


No comments:

Post a Comment