Sunday, July 31, 2022

Adventures With Buddy AT The Cabin In Ft. Bearmore

 

On my trip to the Cabin last week I thought most of my time there would be dodging rain mowing and getting my pictures from the drone. However, all that changed on Monday night when a bear showed up at the Cabin and this time it was Buddy. 

It was just after 8 pm and Dad came in from the porch and said a bear was headed down from the area of the Cabin. So, I grabbed my camera and started taking pictures before he moved on, but to my excitement, I would soon learn that wouldn't be the case. First, how did I know this was Buddy and not Bernie? Good old Bernie has been around a while my first encounter with him was in 2015. But around 2018 another bear showed up and wasn't two years old, so I named him Buddy. I knew he was coming around because I would catch him on the trail cam (when it was working). Buddy would appear and the last time he appeared to have the Mange. So, he had always been on the thin side and when I next saw a bear at the Cabin two years later I didn't think it was Buddy because this bear was too big so I thought Bernie. Same with the bear I saw in June, he was a good size. But this bear was clearly an adult but he was slim, trim and a little scruffy...that's Buddy.

Left: Buddy (2018, 2019); Right: Bernie (2020, 2022) Bottom: 07-2022

Buddy went to the Peach Tree and laid down to eat one. Next Buddy decided he wanted another Peach and what better place than in the tree. Then he came down and decided he wanted bird seed. He sniffed the porch looking for bird seed. I had put bird seed in the feeders on Sunday. Buddy couldn't reach the red feeder in the Cedar Tree. 

Eating Peached...

...checking the porch...

...standing for bird seed.

He thought about climbing it but decided that the middle Maple Tree, where the silver feeder hung would be a better opportunity. I think Buddy knew that the Maple would support him better than the Cedar and he proved right. He climbed into the Maple Tree and then broke the limb holding the feeder. With it on the ground, he laid down and enjoyed his prize for at least 20 minutes. Buddy was at the Cabin for over 45 minutes. I finally stepped out and he got up and moseyed off stopping to look back and then headed across the branch. 

Maple tree climb for bird seed.

Enjoying a hard-earned snack.

However, that wouldn't be all as the next morning there was evidence that Buddy returned. He came back and shook the Hummingbird feeder for the tree, but to Buddy's disappointment, it was empty.

The next morning.

Adventures with Buddy wasn't the only thing going on at the Cabin and I am not talking about mowing. No, I did take the drone up and filmed some (future video) and got some pictures of the sunset. This was all on Sunday as Monday and Tuesday were cloudy plus some rain. Anyway, I guess I need to start calling Fort Blackmore...Fort. Bearmore

From 400 feet.



More Photos: SmugMug

No comments:

Post a Comment