Monday, December 23, 2013

My Favorite Mexican Place

Well, I made a return trip to my favorite mexican restaurant in Greeneville, heck my favorite, period.  It is called Costa del Sol. I first went there back in October with my old friends Glen and Donna (who treated Deb and myself last night, a big thank you).!

They thought I would like it because of some of the different "meat" choices on the menu and they were right. On that night I had the Beef Tongue Taco and a Beef Cheek Gorditia. Well, let's say while the cheek was good the Beef Tongue was great.

So, on my return last night I once again had the Beef Tongue Taco, but had stewed a Pork Skin Gorditia and Menudo, a soup made with beef tripe and chillis, and trust me it all was great! I remember the first time I got tongue we asked the waiter did a lot of people get tongue, he said yeah. I then asked did guys that looked like me order the tongue and he said not as much. 

I will say Deb would not try any of them, oh well her loss. I just know that there is no Mexican place in Greeneville, East Tennessee or anywhere north of Mexico (Monterrey in Greeneville is not in the same league)! If you are in Greeneville go!

Costa del Sol,  526 Justis Drive,  Greeneville, TN 37745

No comments:

Post a Comment