Thursday, February 6, 2014

Flight's, Football & Ten FIDY


Well this was going to be a short blog I was going to do it before the Super Bowl, but I couldn't get my blog to work on the phone, so I didn’t get it done before the game. Then, after such a crappy game (unless you’re a Seahawks die-hard) I just didn’t get get around to it. Oh, the ratings here are the ones on my BeerAdvocate page.
My free Jekyll glass

So, this is the first real chance to get this blog post done. On Saturday, I went to the Beer Growler in Alpharetta and had what is called a flight.  It is four 5oz glasses of different draft beers. Usually they are set up light to dark beers, but my flight was all dark stouts. I have had all four of these beers before, but they are all top shelf beer. They were California’s Anderson Valley Wild Turkey Bourbon Barrel Stout, which was better this time than the first time I had it. The second was New York brewery Southern Tier’s Choklat, the third was from Michigan a seasonal Breakfast Stout from FoundersBrewery and the last was from homegrown Hampton brewer Jailhouse called Breakout Stout.


Growler of Ten FIDY (5.0) & free glass.
A flight of beers wasn’t all I got at the Beer Growler; I also had two of my stainless steel judges filled. The first was in my 32oz growler and was the Alpharetta brewer Jekyll and their Southern Sessions Blonde. The main reason I got this one was I got a free Mason jar glass with my growler purchase.
Outside Oskar Blues Brewery in Brevard.

However, the main reason I came in for a growler was to fill my big 64oz mini-keg in honor of the Super Bowl.  I will admit that I love my mini-keg and I only fill it on special occasions and the Super Bowl is one of them. So, it took a special beer and that means one of my favas (most likely my favorite) the Oskar Blues Ten FIDY. Since I was for Denver in the big game it also fits because Oskar is headquartered in Colorado, although this patch of Ten FIDY came from their year old brewery in Brevard, NC.  I have made two trips to the brewery and the tasting room the Tasty Weasel. I have to say the last time I went I had the Vanilla & Coconut version of the Ten FIDY.
Vanilla & Coconut Ten FIDY.
Tasty Weasel.
 It was great just like the regular Ten FIDY which is just a dark, glasses of goodness; well the game was a disappointment by none of my beers was. So, I if you haven't tried a Ten FIDY or any of the other beers I mentioned I say you can't go wrong with any of them.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment