Sunday, December 27, 2015

Heat Miser Hijacks Christmas



The calendar said it was December 25th, but it sure didn't feel like it. In fact, it felt more like Easter, hell make that Memorial Day. Humid, warm and rainy, I guess the Heat Miser won some war against Snow Miser or just hijacked the weather. Well weather doesn't make Christmas, the middle of the Yuletide Holiday, it is spending time with family and friends that makes it special. Anyway, the Wood Booger got a number of cool presents, including new desktop (computer), camera and the Blackhawks Championship Book: One Goal III. However, the centerpiece of the day was the Christmas Dinner. Terry whipped up a number of tasty dishes, including a twice baked potato and a non-dessert panna cotta. I made two dishes, a brussel sprouts one and a holiday cranberry and apples offering, plus I got to work on the roast beast. Then we had plenty of desserts including bread pudding with rum sauce and traditional Christmas Pudding with brandy butter...yum! I would be re missed if I didn't mention our Christmas guest. On Christmas Eve a little black cat showed up at the house. I first try to chase her off...Wood Booger style. That really didn't work because it made her like me more. I started calling her Shit dipper because she was under my feet and I would say "move you little shit dipper." Anyway, I thought we were going to have to take her to the pound, but Terry's sister Beth agreed to take her in. Boxing Day (today) has been a little calmer, the biggest thing that happen was the USA beat Canada 4-2 at the IIHF World Juniors. So, I hope everyone is having a good holiday and I even mean you Heat Miser.












No comments:

Post a Comment