Wednesday, January 24, 2018

High Winds Of Winter Doesn't Stop A Trip Down The 🐰 Hole


On Saturday it was time to drag the Big Lummox out for a hike and what better place than the AT (Appalachian Trail) on the Roan Highlands.
When we got to Carvers Gap I was a little disappointed because of the lack of snow, but unlike the Lummox the high winds just got the Hiking Machine pumped! However, the crying of the Lummox got louder and louder as we climbed the shrouded summit of Round Bald. He wanted to quit then and there, but I slapped him silly a few times, hoisted him on my back and carried him up, Jane Bald. I guess once we got there I took pity on him because I could have hiked on to Hump Mountain, so we headed back.





The deal was we would head on up to the shelter on Roan High Knob. I had to wait while he put on his pansy YakTraks. I don't know why he thought he needed these as I was doing all the work. We made it up to the shelter and he took a break to eat while I explored. I had to come back and calm him down as ice falling out of the trees spooked him. On the way back he was back on my back as he about slipped on the ice, even with his "YakTraks." Even though I had a lot of work, being on the AT made it worth it.




No comments:

Post a Comment