Saturday, January 13, 2018

What Better Way To Kill Some Time Than Hiking At Warriors Path


On Tuesday I had some time between my appointments and my the Clinch Coalition meeting in Norton that evening, so what better way to spend my time than a hike at Warriors Path State Park.



I had wanted to get back here to complete the Falls Creek Loop as I had done only part of this, half of the Devil's Backbone Trail this past March. Like I said there the hike starts at the 17th hole of the golf course and heads uphill first to Rocky Point Overlook and then again uphill to the Lone Cedar Overlook. One thing I noticed like Panther Creek the Devil's Backbone Trail had two blaze colors red and blue...got love Tennessee State Parks.











This was pretty much where March's hike ended, but today I proceeded down the Devil's Backbone Trail which finally reaches Fort Patrick Henry Lake. From here it follows the lakeshore to the mouth of Fall Creek. Here there is a small cascade, but somehow I missed the old homestead, but soon I reached a footbridge, but here you're still on the Devil's Backbone Trail.








But it isn't too long before you reach another small footbridge and the sign for the Fall Creek Loop. I went right on the mile-and-half loop and the trail a course went uphill, but it wasn't too bad. It passed some fields and housing developments but headed downhill. Here I came to the trailhead and parking area for the loop ( I just wanted to finish this Molloy hike). Anyway, it wasn't long before I crossed that small footbridge to complete the loop.












From here it was back on the Devil's Backbone Trail. There was only one tough uphill, the one from the lake. However, I completed the four miles in two hours, half-hour better than Molloy.






No comments:

Post a Comment