Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Well Deer Season Didn't Go As Planned


I know hunting can be a conservational subject, but it is deer season and I love venison so it was time to get out and go on the hunt. Don't worry, for those who might be squeamish it was good news, but for those who love venison, it was bad...I didn't bag a deer.
I did get out more than last year, but not as much as I would like (more about that later). I went two days before Thanksgiving. Went out Saturday morning and sat in two different deer stands. I think I might have spotted a tale but that is it on the deer front. I went to another deer stand on Sunday morning with the same luck...none! 




Then this past Sunday I headed back to the Cabin and this past Sunday to do some more hunting. This time I went up the hollow near the Cabin. This time I sat under a tree overlooking the meadow, but again no luck. Because of the weather and starting to feel under it I had to cut my hunting trip short. Oh, there was one animal I saw a lot...squirrels. I heard them squawking, cutting nuts and running around where I sat. 



Anyway, I am going to get the bow out and practice, because I haven't given up yet. Remember if hunting was easy it would be shopping.


1 comment:

  1. Don't feel bad, we haven't gotten one either this year.

    ReplyDelete