Saturday, June 13, 2020

Tearing Up New Trails & Dodging Mouthbrethers At Rocky Fork!

Pete here again and yes on a beautiful day like today there is only one place for me...the trail! There is no better place than Rocky Fork State Park.
The Lummox wanted to do the new Whitehouse Cliffs Trail. The new starting spot is at the parking area and they added about three-tenths of a mile to it. I know the Lummox liked it better, but the Hiking Machine liked the old way...it was way steeper.

Then we did some of another route we hadn't tried, the Flint Mountain Trail. This was my kind of path, some steep spots, rough (the trail was a Creek in spots), grown-up, not a lot of maintenance, and no damn mouthbreathers (had to dodge them quite a lot) just how I like it! I wanted to go further, but the Lummox was afraid of how grown-up it was... pansy!
Well, in closing all I need to say is "Rocky Fork is good shit!" Well, I am out...BITCHES!

1 comment:

  1. How much of Flint Mtn Trail did you do, up to AT? Thinking of camping up it a ways sometime.

    ReplyDelete