Monday, June 1, 2020

Shredding The AT...Hiking Machine Style!


Pete here and today I showed why I am the Hiking Machine and the Lummox is not after a hike to Hawks Roost. The best part of this hike was that it was on the AT (Appalachian Trail). Yeah I know yesterday I hiked on the AT, but this isn't a mile of trail I have shredded. No, this is crushing seven-and-a-half miles... Hiking Machine style!


It didn't take the Lummox long to complain as he did that going back to the car to get ready for the hike. On the way to Hawks Roost, we ran into some hikers (yes we wore our masks) that it was a really steep descent to Brown Gap, which makes a steep climb back out. The Lummox was about to turn around, but I punched him in the balls and we headed on down. The climb up would have been the highlight, but that was when we finally got to Hawks Roost. It took us a while to find the trail to it, but when got there the view he expected wasn't there. The look of disappointment in his eyes was priceless! I thought he was going to cry... awesome! Then he almost cried a few times more heading up from Brown Gap.


Well, destroyed some AT miles while carrying the Lummox...it was a great day! Anyway, I am out...BITCHES!


No comments:

Post a Comment