Monday, August 10, 2020

Next Time When Grilling Think...Watermelon


During the Coronovirus Pandameic people have done a lot of stuff cooking. I guess it's because most people aren't eating out that much (I haven't eaten in a restaurant in almost six months). I really haven't posted any blogs on food in a while, so I will speak of something I tried recently...Grilled Watermelon


I know it sounds weird and you have my friend Marty to blame. He sent me an email about grilled watermelon burger it sounded interesting. However, before trying a burger with a watermelon I decided to try it plain first. So, I heated up the grill, got some watermelon and grilled. I did pieces at different amounts of doneness to test the results. I will say, when cooking, it reminded me of grilled salmon but tasted similar to grilled pineapple.


It was good but not as good as the aforementioned pineapple. So, if I was going to do a burger I would be more likely to use pineapple. I will finish by saying that I am glad I tried it plain first, but it is worth a go if you are adventures!


No comments:

Post a Comment