Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Superloop Hike The Highlight Of This Late Summer Trip To Virginia


As Summer starts to enter its final days, the mowing hasn't yet. So, I had to go over to the Cabin in Southwest Virginia, for the last time this Summer, to mow, but I also got a trip around the Superloop this weekend.
I decided to mow Friday even though it was a little damp, but it would turn out that was a good idea. Because the main reason I mowed was to go out early Saturday morning and as Pete said it was raining (so the yard was wetter).



So, what is the Superloop? It is taking the road to the Cabin down to the junction then to the right up the road that goes to a neighboring cabin and the backside of our place. Then it is through the gate, past the second barn and up and back to the Cabin. It is slightly over three miles and Pete wanted to blog so we went up to Wood Booger Ridge to get signal and bringing the hike to four miles. On the way, we saw a lot of wildflowers, cool Box Turtle, and my boots got soaked.
















As for Sunday, it was pouring rain and my boots were still wet, so no hike. But I did see a groundhog we named Slick and birds. Overall, it was a good weekend.



No comments:

Post a Comment