Saturday, March 12, 2022

Snow, Snow...It's A March Snow!


As a lover of snow, I thought my only way to see any was watching the end of the biathlon season. But to my wonderful surprise, we have snow...here at St. Clair!
I will admit I was really skeptical when the early predictions started for snow this weekend. I mean it had felt more like summer than winter recently. Last weekend it hovered near 80 degrees. Even yesterday, while we were issued a Winter Storm Warning, it was in the mid-60s.


Add to the number of times we were supposed to get snow we ended up with those "downsloping winds" and little more than a dusting. We have had snow in March with 1993 coming to mind, but in the Era of Climate Change, I see that becoming less likely. However, not impossible as we had between three and in spots six inches this morning which makes this the biggest snow of Winter 2021-22 here in the far west of Hawkins County. I enjoyed the snow and even got the drone up. Can't think of a better spring day...







More Photos: SmugMug & Google Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment