Tuesday, January 17, 2023

If The Lummox Isn't Going To Talk About Roan Snow The Hiking Machine Will!

Welcome to Down the Rabbit Hole, the blog formally known as Tales from the Wood Booger. I mean I'm the only one typing out anything for the blog. All my Peteaholics know why and that is that damn drone! I mean this past weekend we went to one of the best places, the Roans, in the f**king snow! 

Before I get to the snow on I have to quickly mention that I finally got up my Knob in Southwest Virginia. Oh, and yes I had to carry the dead weight that is the Lummox up.

Now back to the Roans and the trip up to the Rhododendron Gardens and Roan High Knob. I was ready to go while it snowed, but you can guess the Lummox soiled himself just entertaining that though, so I made him go the following day. When we went to Carvers Gap there was plenty of snow. I plowed up the road to the Roan Gardens with the Lummox huffing on my back. By the time we got to the top the crying about how cold it was had really gotten old. 

Our return trip was on the AT (Appalachian Trail) and you know I loved that. The Lummox wanted to straight back, but I said "HELL NO" we were stopping by the shelter on Roan High Knob. I would have stayed the night, but I showed mercy on the Lummox, so we headed back. 

Still, there was plenty of snow and fun for the Hiking Machine. oh, and when we arrived back Carvers Gap was full of my adoring Peteaholics! Well, with that I'm out...BITCHES!

No comments:

Post a Comment