Saturday, December 16, 2017

When Time Is An Issue Buffalo Mountain Fits The Bill (& It Had Snow Too)!


Friday, I was in Johnson City so I decided to include a short hike in my day and went to a snowy Buffalo Mountain Park.
Yes, when I drove into Johnson City I noticed snow on the mountain which is always a plus. However, the weather wasn't as predicted it never got above freezing and it was "sticky" cold. That is that damp kind of cold that sticks to you. 










My hike was up to White Rock, the series of cliffs on the east side of the park with the main one being White Rock. I have talked about this hike here, but when I got to White Rocks it started spitting snow. 












After enjoying the cliffs and going past the communication towers I headed back down Tower Ridge Trail. It is a steep trail that might be slightly more so than the White Rock Trail. Since it is not used as much it had more ice and snow and was slicker in spots. I also passed where the new pink blazed the Noggin Trail runs into the blue blazed Tower Ridge. 












Overall, while cold it was a good short hike coming at just over three miles, not bad. After I enjoyed the sites of Johnson City.


No comments:

Post a Comment