Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Waterfalls & Wildflowers Highlight Day Hike At Margarette Falls


When I want a short, but rewarding hike there is no better one than Margarette Falls near Camp Creek in Greene County.






I don't know how many times I have done this hike (I think seven, maybe eight), but I have done it in every season and is a great outing every time. Today the weather was perfect, started off cool and warmed up. The water flow on the all the cascades including Midpoint, the Chute, Split Rock and at Margaretta Falls was great because I guess from the snow melt up top. 





There were also plenty of wildflowers, including Rue Anemones, Spring Beauties, a number of different violets, Star Chickweed and Blood Root. It was a great April day on the trail.







No comments:

Post a Comment