Sunday, April 28, 2019

Working & A Little Hiking Make For A Good Four Days At The Cabin


This weekend it was back to the Cabin in Southwest Virginia for some working and relaxing.
Dad, Bax and I headed over a day earlier than normal on Thursday instead of Friday. We took a plow over and unloaded it. I also had time to repair one of our bird feeders. Something pulled it down and by the way, it was flattened (and a print) it might be Buddy the Bear. I even got to build a fire that evening.









On Friday we had off and on rain. Oh, it was windy and was quite chilly. The wind died down, while it warmed up I did road work and then cleaned out gutters. However, these were not ordinary gutters, but ones on the left side of the barn. These are about 20+ feet up and they hadn't been cleared out in some time so it was more like mulch in them (a couple of trees were growing). I forgot to say I hate tall ladders.







On Saturday, I took Bax out in the morning for close to three miles.  We followed some of the trails I had mapped out. I found the seasons first Mayapple bloom. 
After lunch, I  got to do my favorite thing...mow. But, when I got down I built a fire under cloudy skies. Oh, we had an invasion of Blue Jays.















Sunday, it was coming back home day, but first I got in some bird watching, including a Yellow-Throated Warbler.



No comments:

Post a Comment