Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Back To Spring Above Johnson City At Buffalo Mountain


What a difference a couple of days makes. Sunday I was in snow, but today I was in a rather warm Johnson City and since I had a little time I decided to head up to the Spring trail on Buffalo Mountain. Today I took the trail up to White Rock.



I just want to first say that every time I go up to the Picnic Parking Area there is always something shady going on and today was no different as some just circled around the Picnic Area, so I decided to park down at Hartsell Hollow.



I also did the hike a little different, I went up to the White Rock Trail until I came to the blue blazed White Rock Spur Trail because I thought it tan into the White Rocks again. When I got to the Tower Road I wasn't sure so I took it to the White Rock junction.









I took the White Rock Trail the rest of the way up. After enjoying the views, I was low on time, I headed back down the White Rock Trail (I wanted to eat lunch). On the way, I spotted a Blue Blaze which I decided to take back. It is the Rhody Trail, that might be because of a lot of Rhododendrons. Somehow I missed the White Rock Spur and the Rhody ended at the Tower Road, so I took it back to the car.
I did just over three miles and I made it to White Duck Taco for lunch.













No comments:

Post a Comment