Sunday, October 13, 2019

Care NET Day At Heritage Days


It is the middle of October and in Hawkins County, that means it is time for Heritage Days. This year I was back manning the both Saturday, but unlike last year I hauled & help set up on Friday.  It wasn't as difficult on me or Big Red either hauling or setting up as the Clinch Coalition Naturalist Rally. I did see two food trucks that got my attention. One was for Southern Craft Barbecue and Auntie Ruth's Donuts...I know what I was getting on Saturday!




Speaking of Saturday my schedule got changed and I went up late in the afternoon so I could help break down as we were only doing one day at Heritage Days. We did have a good spot as my old Review buddy Melissa is Rogersville Heritage Association Director. There were some cool stuff like bees and an area with Native Americans and frontiersmen.







After getting coffee, donuts and socializing I got to the Care NET booth. We had a lot of cool things, but the favorite was boxes of most threatened area animal by a member of our group, Wendy... It took longer than expected and because of this, I had to change dinner plans. But, Heritage Days is always fun.








No comments:

Post a Comment