Sunday, January 12, 2020

Summer...No, I Mean Winter At The Cabin


Is it January? Damn Heat Miser! It sure didn't feel anything close to it, more like late Spring and yesterday early Summer in Southwest Virginia. Dad and I headed over Thursday to oversee getting the spring water into the Cabin. I talked about the start here and here. So, while there is still plenty to do, we did get the water into the Cabin.






Also, the pipes got covered, so Saturday I decided to move some of the big rocks in the yard and got overheated! We also got the big brush pile out front on Friday. It is here I dumped the rocks because I am going to build a new fire pit there.





I also got some hiking in. I mentioned on the blog about my trip up Buckner Ridge on Friday and then Bear Knob on Saturday. I would have had a Quick Blog on my one today, but I left my phone at the Cabin.






For this hike, I went up to the two peaks... Russell and Robert Knobs. I didn't go back the way I normally do. My reason for doing this hike was to see if I could come down from Robert Knob and connect with the path up to Bear Knob. When I went up to Bear Knob I could see up to what I believed to be Robert Knob. If you know anything about Southwest Virginia Knob Hiking it is steep. Since I still had a steep climb up Bear Knob I decided to wait until Sunday to investigate.





So, I got to Robert Knob and started down as I could just see the orange tape marker I had left 24- hours ago. The climb down was steep, really steep. But I know have what I will call the Knob Loop (hike over three knobs). Well, that is all for four hot Winter days.








No comments:

Post a Comment