Thursday, January 2, 2020

New (Year's) Tradition With First Day Hike At Natural Tunnel


A hiking tradition I haven't taken part in is the First Day Hike but to start 2020 I decided to change. I did that at one of this Southeast's Wonders Natural Tunnel State Park.





I had done hikes on New Year's Eve and January 2nd but not on New Year's itself. What better place than this unique and amazing natural feature, located near Duffield, VA. While I have been down to the South Tunnel entrance with the boardwalk and chairlift (my visits were out of season, so chairlift was closed). This time out it was a trip to the Northend of the tunnel via the Stock Creek Trail. No boardwalk or chair lift on this end but cool just the same. Oh, I also went to Carter Cabin and Lover's Leap. Plus a trip to the Wilderness Road Blockhouse is always a must.






























No comments:

Post a Comment