Monday, February 28, 2022

Test Flight Of The Nostromo (My New Drone)

You know I bet someone will say to me you swore that you would never buy a drone. Well, technically I did as it was a Xmas Gift. So, today was the test flight of the new drone.

The drone, a DJI Mini SE, is a small lightweight beginner craft. It just weighs 249 grams which places it on the line for registering it with the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), since it didn't cost much I went ahead and did it anyway. I named it after the ship in Alien, the Nostromo. This one has good battery life and a good camera that moves Like most beginner drones it uses a cell phone as the screen hooked up to the controller. I did end up getting an extra battery, landing gear, and pad. You might ask it is the end of February, so why am I now doing a test flight. Well, there are a number of reasons let's just say I needed to learn to drive it. 

Oh, when I went to finally fire it up I had forgotten I needed to charge the controller up. Finally, after I got the stuff ironed and it was time for the test flight. I decided to play it safe and do a flight that was mostly up and down and just 20 meters up (I preset the height). I mean I didn't want to break it on the first flight. I took it up and then down without breaking it. 



So, there will be pictures on this blog from the drone, but there is only one first flight... 



No comments:

Post a Comment