Tuesday, February 1, 2022

I Should Have Been At Newfound Gap, But Beauty Spot Will Do...


You want to know what the Hiking Machine loves the trail, but I really love the trail with snow! Well, today I was melting the AT (Appalachian Trail) today to the Beauty Spot. 

T

he original plan was to go to Newfound Gap and shred the AT there. We were going to go Monday, but the road to Newfound Gap (US-441) was closed and when we got up this morning it still was...damn National Park Service, just salt the damn roads (these opinions are not those of the Wood Booger). 


Well, Daddy! I told the Lummox to get up and we were going somewhere with snow and that is how we ended up at Indian Grave Gap and there was plenty of snow here! Anyway, I put the Lummox on my back and headed up the trail. What's funny is that the Lummox got blisters on his feet which is hard to believe since I was carrying him! Because of that, we did go on to Deep Gap..pansy! Also, he wanted to go back the road...I said HELL NO" until he told me that the road used to be the AT. So, that was acceptable and we headed back. Anyway, that is all which means I'm out...BITCHES!


No comments:

Post a Comment