Tuesday, June 14, 2022

My First Edited Video...

As a number of posts on this blog attest, I was gifted a drone back at the Holidays in 2021 and started flying it in late February (2022_. Since then I have been learning to fly it. That means getting more comfortable flying, not panicking when I lose sight, and just getting better all around. I can now launch it when it isn't totally clear and I have even flown it through the clouds. I have also learned about warning messages as I have got them for reaching legal height (400 feet), low signal, and high winds. I will admit taking photos was my number one reason for getting a drone, but I have gotten into the video side. So, after going to Camp Creek Bald I decided to make my first, edited, video from the footage around the fire tower since it was here that was the inspiration for getting the drone.


The video is called Flying Above Camp Creek Bald Fire Tower and I created the video using Windows Movie Maker. I'm still learning as I go, so it is a little rough. The thing about the video that I loaded to YouTube isn't the first version. No, for the original video I used the 10,000 Maniacs song...A Campfire Song. Well, YouTube said there were copyright issues. While I think it would have been okay to put it up, I decided to change it. So, I used Creative Commons music (Vens Adams: adventure is Calling) and I think it came out well. However, for this blog, I'm putting up both versions...sue me. Anyway, this is the first, but won't be the last...enjoy the show!



No comments:

Post a Comment