Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Southwest Virginia Is Bear Country!

I interrupt the scheduled blog with this special report...Southwest Virginia is Bear Country! I mean I originally didn't plan to do a blog on this trip to the Cabin because this was just an overnight mowing trip. Because of events out of my control, I didn't even hike as I had to mow this morning. But that all changed on my way out. We had just passed Travis; Cabin Dad and I spotted something big and shiny black, a bear...Bernie to be specific. I did see a bear last year, at Rocky Fork State Park, but it had been two years since I had seen Bernie scratching on a Spruce Tree.

Mama Bear from 2021

Bernie in 2020

I had seen signs of him, but not the bear. I had even thought of getting a new trail camera to hopefully get a look. So, it was a welcomed surprise to see his big bareness. 

Spotted him on the road...

...he looks back at us

Oh, since I'm doing a blog I'm going to experiment with a new way to use my wildflower pics. I'm either going to add them to a blog (like here) or a specific one. Anyway, enjoy...

Milkweed

Queen Anne's Lace

Butterfly Milkweed

Wild Bergamot


No comments:

Post a Comment