Wednesday, September 21, 2022

How Grandfather Mountain Became The Roans, Two Words...The Lummox!



When can two be true? When it involves the Lummox. That happened on our overnight that was supposed to be at Grandfather Mountain but ended up on the Roans. 
The original plan was to head up from the Daniel Boone Fork and then up the Daniel Boone Trail and eventually to the Hi-Baslam Shelter. Well, I knew we were in trouble as he was whining...IN THE CAR! So, we get on the trail and this pansy was sucking wind and we had reached the registration kiosk. I can carry him some, but three miles and 2,000 feet of elevation gain would have pushed even a Hiking Machine to his limit. But I didn't get a chance as he tapped out and then sat down crying. Two hundred pounds of dead weight is one thing, but a kicking and screaming Lummox...NO THANKS!


Anyway, I think to make amends with me the pansy decided on the Roans. I know he wanted to go home, but HELL NO that wasn't happening! If you have to pick a second choice there aren't much better than the Roans. It was even funny that the Sun came up right over Grandfather Mountain (it was like rubbing his nose in it). Well, he will at some point make up some s**t to cover his lack of spine. With that, I'm out...BITCHES!


No comments:

Post a Comment