Thursday, June 30, 2016

Cumberland Gap, I Went Hiking In The Cumberland Gap


Here is a quick day blog on my trip to Cumberland Gap National Historical Park. It was more than just a trip through the tunnel. No today I hiked around eight miles, while I will go over the trails in more detail, this outing included a trip up to Pinnacle Overlook and past two Civil War forts (Lyon & McCook). I then passed through the real Cumberland Gap on the way to Tri-State Peak which is where the three states of Kentucky, Tennessee and Virginia meet... pretty cool. I also hiked to Fort Farragut which sets on "Top of the Tunnel." On the way back I hiked the Wilderness Road Trail just like Daniel Boone and the pioneers.  Speaking of Me. Boone I  finished the day with a hike from the trailhead that bares his name to the Gap Cave. Oh, and I went to the Iron Furnace. All-in-all it was a nice day of hiking and history.











No comments:

Post a Comment