Thursday, June 16, 2016

First The Dentist, Then Roan Mountain Rhododendron Gardens


This is a day blog on my day at the Roan Mountain Rhododendron Gardens. It will be short because I still haven't finished the main blog on my day across the Roan Highlands (Round Bald, Jane Bald & Grassy Ridge Bald) on Monday.
I started the day getting some teeth filled at Cannon Family Dental. After I got out of the message chair Deb and I headed up to Rhododendron Gardens. We were met at the Cloudland Parking Area with clouds. We hiked the Clouland Trail to the gardens. Soon the clouds burned off and we were treated with a beautiful day but nothing next to the Catawba Rhododendrons. Let me just say that the blooms this year were spectacular...far better than 2014. We also hiked around the old Cloudland Hotel site and I then hiked the AT to Roan High Knob (again) to complete my hike from Monday. Then we treated ourselves to dinner at Ridgewood Barbecue in Bluff City...yum! Oh yeah, more to come.







No comments:

Post a Comment