Friday, August 19, 2016

Tractor Rescue Mission In Southwest Virginia



Well, yesterday my Dad and I headed to the Cabin in Southwest Virginia on a rescue mission. That mission was to get unstuck the tractor my Dad got in a ditch. He got it stuck while bush hogging last weekend while I was out backpacking. So, our mission was to get it out. After some digging and using the sledge hammer (in the rain) we finally unhooked the bush hog from the tractor. We then pulled the tractor out of the ditch with a come-along and then drug the bush hog out...mission accomplished. 

Some of the mountains...

...in Southwest Virginia.

High Rocks.

The Cabin.

The top picture shows it stuck & here is where we got it out...

...& now the bush hog.

Free at last.

After our muddy mission, we relaxed the rest of the day, which included watching the hummingbirds. This morning I did get a short wildflower hike in it was about a mile. Well, it was another fun time in Southwest Virginia.

We call this greedy guy Trump.

Blue-Tailed Skink...

...up close.

Nice!

On my hike I spotted Iron Weed...

...Orange Jewelweed called Spotted Touch-Me-Not...

...the Yellow Pale Touch-Me-Not...

...& Butterflies on a Thistle.

Red-Tail Hawk.

Back at the Cabin gate.

Tater Knob.

Saying good-bye...

...for to Virginia.

Allandale Mansion.

No comments:

Post a Comment