Sunday, August 7, 2016

Well All Things Come To An End & That Includes The Beard Blog


As the title of this blog says, that is what has happened to my beard and with it the Beard Blog. Let me just cut to the chase and say, yes I shaved my beard off today (Sunday) . I have been thinking about it doing for most of the summer, but it is the latest stretch of hot weather that pushed me over the edge. I mean it has been smothering all summer, but just before I left for Florida it had gotten worse and then I headed south. Let me just say that Jacksonville was not hot, but oppressively hot I describe it as hotter than the Devil's buttcrack! I can say if I had my trimmers in Florida the beard would have been gone two weeks ago. While not quite has hot in East Tennessee it has been depressive all the same, In some ways it was a shame as I was just three weeks short of two years (here is the first blog), but this weekend was the last straw, so when I got back to Saint Clair this evening Deb cut my hair and I shaved the beard. While she never showed it I will have to say that Deb was glad to see it go. Deb says that the Wood Booger has the beard and Russ doesn't. However, beard or not I am always the Wood Booger!
So, here are the final stats for the Beard Blog; 23 months a total of 100 weeks and 707 days. I will say that the beard lasted longer than I thought it would and was probably better than expected. I mean this winter it looks pretty cool. I will say that there is a secondary reason I cut it just reached a level and never moved past it. While cool at times it was still patchy and when I trimmed it down it didn't look as good and it was way too hot to grow it winter style.
So, in the end, what does this mean? I liked my beard and chances are very good that it will return (it could be as early as October), but when it does return the Beard Blog most likely won't come back with it. While it was a fun thing to do at times, it did get hard to write it once the beard made it past a year. With that said for the last time the Beard Blog is signing off and enjoy the last pictures of the beard...for now (oh and there are more than normal with a photo from each month).

Day 678  at Grayson Highlands State Park....

...at Wilson Creek Wilderness on Day 679.

Day 682 at Carvers Gap.

Day 686 at Rich Mountain Fire Tower.

Day 694 with my Dad at Mulberry Overlook.

Eating Oysters on the Half-Shell on Day 695.

Day 696 was My Birthday!

Day 698 at Jacksonville Beach...

...Deb is glad I shaved it.

Day 703 & the last hike with the beard at Tanyard Gap.

In the beginning: September 2014

October 2014

November 2014

December 2014

January 2015

February 2015

March 2015

April 2015

May 2015

June 2015

July 2015

August 2015

September 2015 (1 Year)

October 2015

November 2015

December 2015

January 2016

February 2016

March 2016

April 2016

May 2016

June 2016

July 2016

August 2016: Before the cut...

...& after.

No comments:

Post a Comment