Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Farm Burger Lives Up To Its Ranking


On our trip to Asheville this past weekend I decided to pick a new place to eat other than my old favorites (Neo Burrito & Rocky's) since Deb was with me I chose what is ranked by the reader poll in Mountain Xpress as best hamburger in Asheville....Farm Burger. The restaurant opened back in 2013 in downtown Asheville,



Farm Burger while a chain (there are eight other locations including South Asheville) they locally source the ingredients, including the grass-fed beef used in their burgers. I could have gone with one of the seasonal burgers like the Lamb Burger (number five on the Blackboard)., but when going to a place for the first time I usually go to what they are famous for and that is the grass-fed beef burger, specifically the Farm Burger.






Besides beef, the Farm Burger has aged Vermont Cheddar Cheese, Caramelized Onions, and FB Sauce, I added a Fried Egg and instead of Bacon, I went with the Pork Belly. To go with it I got the Sweet Potato Fries and I will say they were really good, even better than the regular fries (which Deb got). However, the star of the show was the burger. This was the best restaurant burger I have had in some time and I would say it was up there with places like the Pharmacy in Nashville. While the Pork Belly was great it was the beef that made the difference. If you have never had a grass-fed beef burger then you need to try one. What made the meal complete was washing it down with an Oskar Blues Pinner on draft. So, I will say this is one restaurant that lived up to the hype.


No comments:

Post a Comment