Monday, February 27, 2017

And Now For Something New...Disc Golf


Sometimes it is fun to try something new and that what I did Saturday as I played Disc Golf for the first time. I had seen it played before, but I had never tried it out. Since I was in Greeneville ( after my hike at Max Patch, Friday) my good friend, Glen, and I headed to Morristown to play at Wayne Hansard Park and the Kiwanis Disc Golf Course. The reason we chose here was because the weather was better than Johnson City. I will say I have played Links (regular) Golf before and while different, it did mirror my playing of scottish game. My driver (that is what it is called in Disc Golf) is not bad, my mid-range game terrible and my putting was the best part. Anyway, all and all I didn't play half bad and it was really fun, I might have to get some disc of my own (I was playing with Glen's wife Donna's disc). I just wish I had done a Live Blog.

My (borrowed thanks Donna) discs.

Disc Golf Hole.

The first hole...

...Glen teeing off...

...then me.

Big tree in the fairway.

Course hazzard.

Fat Squirrel!

1 comment:

  1. And yet another sport that you will inevitably succeed in that I fail at miserably :)

    ReplyDelete