Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Weekend Dining


This past weekend Deb and I went on our St. Valentines Day dinner at Tupelo Honey Cafe in Johnson City. I  will say I was disappointed to discover that the Appalachian Egg Rolls were no longer on the appetizers menu, but it did give me a chance to try something I liked just as much...House-Cured Pork Belly. The pork belly with the grits was so, so good it was one of the highlights of the meal. The other, the roasted Brussel Sprouts I had with my buttermilk fried chicken. Don't get me wrong the chicken was good, but the Brussel Sprouts were a great surprise. I also had some of Deb's fish and chips which were light, crispy and good fish flavor. Oh, for dessert I had a flight of beers across the street at Yee Haw Brewery (Berliner Weisse, Velvet Charmer & Winter Porter).







On Sunday, we went to my favorite Mexican place, Costa Del Sol. I was hoping for some beef tripe soup called Menudo, but they were out of it. So I went with my old favorite gordita's with chorizo, beef cheek and tongue. As always they were good! It was a good weekend of eating.



No comments:

Post a Comment