Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Snow...Checking The Effects A Week Later At The Cabin


As I blogged about last week we had snow here in St. Clair. As I said we had about five inches, but there was much more over in Fort Blackmore, in Southwest Virginia, over a foot.







We had trees down here in St. Clair, so I needed to head over a check out the Cabin and that is what I did on Saturday. While the road up seemed not to have had many blowdowns (and had been cleared by the time I got there) the same can't be said about the Cabin. Cedar trees took a beating from the heavy wet snow and our big one at the front of the Cabin dot the worst as the top fell out of it. There were more Cedars that were broke along with other trees. So, I had to cut a limb out of the Cedar and saw up some more, but still have some to do. When I got up there we still had snow (and even when I left).




However, I did get some time in to hike and check out the trails at the top (I found fresh bear scat), but no fire pitting. The snow had soaked my wood and even a day of sunshine couldn't dry it out Monday. Even with work to do it was still a fun four days.











No comments:

Post a Comment