Tuesday, March 19, 2019

It Is A St. Patty's Day Double For The Fifth Annual Hiking Weekend


When you say St. Patrick's Day, what comes to mind? Beer, corned beef or Leprechaun movie marthon...no for me it is hiking. This weekend for the Fifth Annual St. Patty's Day Weekend Hike I did two. The first was a Sierra Club hike I led on Saturday at House Mountain State Naturalist Area, just inside Knox County.




I went over it in more detail here as my last visit was surprisingly over two years ago since it is only an hour too here. Overall, we did 5.5 miles, but because of the clear weather no rainbows or Leprechauns.








That brings us to St. Patty's Day proper and once again I decided to head out on a hike, this time to Laurel Run Park. This is a place I frequent more often than House Mountain for one because it is closer, I love the waterfalls and this time of year wildflowers. You will be able to see more of these it the future, but there was already plenty out on this cold March morning.





Oh, and the waterfalls were gorgeous as always and this time I didn't have to deal with ice. Once again it was Chamber of Commerce Weather, but no rainbows or you know someone asking: "where's my gold."
Still, there was no better way to enjoy the St. Patty's Day Weekend than a couple of trips on the trail.







No comments:

Post a Comment