Sunday, May 26, 2019

Time To Upgrade My French Press


I have written about my love of coffee before. Whether it was how I made it or the Top 5 place I like to get it, coffee is something I love. So, when I discovered that my French press was cracked it was time to get a new one.
I have to say the French press is my favorite way to make coffee. With the fresh course grounds, it is my preferred way to go. My old French press was a metal, plastic and glass Bodum. The main part was mostly glass. I got it because I didn't want plastic and it wasn't too much...just under $20. Well, it worked pretty well. It had some shortcomings like it cooled down fast, especially in winter and it was made from glass, which can break.





Anyway, when I looked for a new one I wanted a stainless steel one. I thought it might be too pricey, but I found one on Amazon for $25. It is a Secura full stainless steel French press. It is double walled so it stays hot for longer, is more durable and it came with two replacement screens. Oh, and it makes a great cup of coffee...nice!


1 comment: