Thursday, July 25, 2019

Finishing Another AT Section...Hughes Gap To Cloudland Hotel Site (& Back)


Today, I went back to Hughes Gap to finish another AT Section from here to Carvers Gap. Soon I will be doing a blog over the entire section. But,  to finish it today I hiked up to the Cloudland Hotel site. I had already done from here to Carvers Gap. I thought this would be a 5.2-mile hike but by rerouting turned it into a nine miler. However it was not near as steep as it once was. So, I was happy when I got to the top to finish the section/ 

Finished 1st half in 2016...

& the rest in 2019.

I saw a bear going up Beartown Mountain (but didn't get a photo) and then heard one at the remains of a wall at the Cloudland Hotel site. I had stopped to have lunch and I was talking to some people and we heard him. The woman ask "what was that?" I said "probably a bear" and she was like "no way" I replied..."yes." Wasn't long I heard someone say they saw the bear.





Anyway, since I will be doing the section blog Northbound I will be finishing with some Southbound photos on my return trip to Hughes Gap.
















2 comments:

  1. Reports of a bear up on the Grassy Bald. The Berries are coming out up top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. permission to use your hughes gap parking lot picture. It's a good one.

    ReplyDelete