Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Finally! The Wood Booger Has Made It Across The Roans


Since I got back into hiking and backpacking the one place I wanted to do was the Appalachian Trail (AT) Section across the Roans...and finally got it done.
I will blog more about hiking this whole section later, I am really tired while writing this. Anyway, this hike was six years plus in the making. I had been on the Roans in the past, so when I decided to start hiking and backpacking it was number one on my list. Glen and I had planned to do this AT Section Hike but for different reasons, we didn't. Then this came up or another backpack happened, six years past and no Roans. I decided this would be the year and the weekend I was to go in June rained it out. However, I scheduled a shuttle hike for Monday and Tuesday and finally, we went. It was hard, especially the hike with a bigger pack up the Humps, but I got it done!


No comments:

Post a Comment