Thursday, August 22, 2019

A Fond Farewell To The Bean Barn


The Bean Barn...in 38 years it became a Greeneville institution. To my shock, I discovered that the phrase "all good things come to an end" as this wonderful restaurant had closed its doors.
I have blogged about it before but my favorite items at the Bean Barn were the Hobart, a cheeseburger with a slice of country ham and the restaurant's signature dish Beans all the Way. This was the Barn' fabulous soup beans mixed with beef stew...boy was it good! Also, some nice coconut cream pie too. 



Let me just say this was a fancy place. The Bean Barn opened in 1981 in the site of an old country store. It retained a lot of that character to go along with the great food. So, after my backpack Wednesday I decided to go to the Bean Barn as it closed at 3pm. I got there in plenty of time, but the parking around it was usually full, but today there was just one truck. When I looked I saw a sign that says "thanks Greeneville." So, I pulled off the road (that is the law) and looked it up on the phone and my worst fear was realized it was "permanently closed!" I will admit I was a little depressed. Turns out that it closed at the end of June as owners Jerry and Donna Hartsell decided to retire and close this institution.










Anyway, farewell to one of the best places to eat.


No comments:

Post a Comment