Saturday, August 10, 2019

Fixing Mower & Bear Clean-Up...That's Three Days In Southwest Virginia


Two things continue to be a trend at the Cabin in Southwest Virginia. One, cleaning up after our bears and two issues mowing.





Let us first start with bears. When we were here last Dad thought the bird feeder would be fine because a bear couldn't reach it... wrong answer! When we arrived Thursday we were greeted by a pulled down tree limb and mangled the green bird feeder (for a third time). But it just wasn't the feeder. A bear had also gotten into the peach trees and tore a couple of branches out. Anyway, I fixed the feeder, put it back up along with the trail cam. While I didn't get a bear photo I got some of deer.






Number two is one I seem to deal with every time I mow and that is problems with the mower. So, when I got there on Thursday my plan was to mow. Well, the drive belt had come off...again! While looking we discovered one of the pullies had sheared off, so it was slipping off. Luckily we have another Craftsman mower, so we had an extra pulley. After removing the mower deck we discovered they mower belt was almost worn through. So, we had to go to Kingsport on Friday morning to get it and a few other things. But I did find another homemade donut place. Anyway, we got the mower back together, but the drive belt came off and so did the mower engaged. Still, I got it done.







Then on Saturday morning, I took Bax out for our annual hike. As always, he was excited. While he was tired by the end he did enjoy it. Well, that was another three days at the Cabin.









No comments:

Post a Comment