Friday, August 23, 2019

Backpacking In My AT Backyard From Jones Meadow To Jerry's Cabin


Tuesday and Wednesday it was time for another backpack this time in my backyard from Jones Meadow to Jerry's Cabin and back on the Appalachian Trail (AT). I have blogged about this stretch of the AT many times (here & here) and soon I will do a blog on this section from Devil's Fork Gap to Allen Gap. So, I am not going to go into detail as I will let the pictures do the talking. 


















I will say that the original plan to go up the Jerry Miller Trail to the AT and back down the Fork Ridge Trail which had to be changed to the hike from Jones Meadow as NC-208 was closed. 



Another thing was I met two cool hikers, a pair of brothers, both who lived in Illinois. Matt was a former US Army tank drive and Steven is a Catholic Priest. 



Finally, there were some missing but also some new signs including an updated one in Bearwallow Gap for the junction of the Bad Weather Trail (I have to say I miss the old one). Anyway, enjoy the photos!

Pounding Mill sign: October 2018...

...August 2019...

First AT North sign: March 2018...

...Gone in October 2018...

...August 2019

August 2016...

...August 2019

August 2016...

...August 2019

August 2016...

...Miles added August 2019


No comments:

Post a Comment