Monday, December 9, 2019

Early December Means Back To The Cabin


It seems I spend most of the first weekend of December at the Cabin in Southwest Virginia and 2019 is no different. Dad and I headed over with Bax, but we also took Lester this time.
This was made possible because Dad bought an old Jeep Cherokee, so we could take Lester over. We ended up getting a late start so, it was after dark when we got over there on Friday.


On Saturday, I started the day with a hike. I didn't take Bax because I went up on the two knobs and it is still deer (archery & muzzleloader) and bear seasons. It was my first hike in Winter. I got to build a fire, but it was interrupted as Lester wandered off and I had to go look for him as Bax followed him to make sure he doesn't get into trouble. I did eventually get back to my fire.











On Sunday morning, since I was just going to do a quick hike before getting ready to leave and I was just going to the top and back I took Bax with me. Let me say he was really happy to get out that morning. After that, it was back to St. Clair.




No comments:

Post a Comment