Thursday, December 26, 2019

Bald Eagles & Footbridges Start A New Yule Tradition At Seven Islands


I have holiday hiking traditions like Halloween, Thanksgiving Weekend and St. Patrick's Day, so I am going to try and start a new one...a Yule Hike. I have had some in the past, but the Winter Holiday Season is a hard one because it doesn't seem to have a normal pattern. So, on Xmas Eve I went to Seven Islands State Birding Park



I had wanted to come back after my last visit at the end of January The reason was they were building a new footbridge to one of the islands in the park. However this is no ordinary footbridge, but a nice big metal and wood one. So, I had heard they were opening it so I wanted to go. Let me say it is a mighty nice footbridge I have crossed, near the top of the list. It also meant a new part of the trail with great views of the French Broad River It is a great addition to this expanding park. They also added a new bathroom at the trailhead which is really nice.


















The other highlight of the day was seeing a Bald Eagle. Overall, this was a nice start to what I hope becomes a permanent tradition.








No comments:

Post a Comment