Saturday, September 12, 2020

Hot & Humid Mowing Backpack Trip To The Cabin


This weekend I had a backpack of sorts. Because of problems with the 4X4 vehicles here at St. Clair I still needed to go to the Cabin, in Southwest Virginia, to mow. So, to get up there I had to backpack in a mile to the Cabin on Friday. What is funny is the backpack I carried to the Cabin was heavier than the one I had last weekend at Mt. Rogers.



The hike up was hot and humid, but there were some nice wildflowers. Once at the Cabin I got right to the main job of mowing. It was hot, humid and the yard was really dry in spots, but also wet in others. Oh, since it had been three weeks since I mowed, it is really thick in spots.






Once done it was time to cook dinner since I didn't get chicken. I cooked shovel lamb in the fire pit. I will admit this is one of my favorites was to cook. In addition, I had roasted potatoes, onions, and carrots with grilled okra. I then enjoyed my fire because it did cool down a little as the sunset.





Then today I was going to do a short hike in the morning, but there had been a rain shower and I didn't want to hike out in wet boots. So, I just enjoyed the porch instead. Then around lunch, it was time to load up the backpack and head out back to the car. Overall, it was a nice mowing backpack trip to the Cabin.






No comments:

Post a Comment